<<Backimmediate need service overview traditional services cremation services personalization veterans services merchandise
Mitchell-Hughes Funeral Home
Mitchell Hughes Funeral Home located at 800 N. Market Street in Marion, IL was originally founded by C.D. Ozment 1914.
After his death in 1941 his business partner, Leonard Mitchell, continued to run the Ozment-Mitchell Funeral Home until he retired.
Mitchell’s successor, Larry G. Hughes, joined the firm in 1966 as an apprentice, became a partner in 1970 and sole proprietor in 1982. Mitchell-Hughes Funeral Home at that same location since 1970.
Johnson-Hughes Funeral Home
Johnson Hughes in Herrin has served Herrin families since 1933 when Paul Johnson and Joe Gualdoni established the facility at 200 North Street in Herrin.
In 1935 the home was moved to its current location at 201 South 13th just one block from Park Avenue and adjacent to the Herrin Hospital.
In 1938 Johnson became partners with John Moroni and the home became the Moroni-Johnson Funeral Home until Moroni’s death in 1949. The Johnson Funeral Home under the direction of Paul Johnson became an important part of the city of Herrin. In 1983 after the death of Mr. Johnson, Larry G. Hughes purchased the firm.